The vast majority of us do not have the privilege of staying at home all day every day to spend time with our 4 legged friends so more often than not they are left on their own during the day.
This is a common problem, especially with city dwellers, where many do not have a garden or enclosed area to which their dog can have access during the day when they're not there.
You can also opt for Doggy Daycare at Top Dog and Resort.
When dogs are left on their own all day and no dog daycare is provided this can result in a number of behavioral issues, such as:
- Excessive barking
- Chewing furniture and soft furnishings
- Toileting in the house
Dogs require mental and physical stimulation and that is why dog daycare is a great service, providing your dog with daily walks and pack integration which is vitally important to your dog's overall wellbeing.
Dog Daycare offers:
In a home from home environment, your dog will spend the day in the pet sitters' home, often integrating with other dogs, and will be treated just the same as the pet sitters' dogs, as one of the family.
Your dog will receive at least 2 walks a day as part of a pack or individually by a professional dog walker. Dogs will be kept on the lead unless consent is given.
Your dog will be with a professional dog daycare minder at all times, so you can rest assured that they will be in very safe hands.
Medication can be administered with the owner's consent, so if you have an elderly or ill dog they can receive their medication during the day if you are not there.
Tips when looking for the right dog daycare
- If it is a good establishment they will offer a preliminary meeting where you can go and see the premises and the dogs they look after
- When visiting check that they have a fully secure and enclosed outdoor space so your dog can run around and not escape.
- Find out how many walks your dog will get a day
- Observe if the handlers and sitters are animal people and have a genuine love for dogs and are not just interested in the money
- Check how many dogs they take in at one time and if the facilities are big enough.
- Check if they will pick up and drop off or whether you will have to do this
- If they are transporting your dog find out what form of transportation they use.